ICSE Classroom Programme for Students of Class VII, VIII, IXand X is one of the major sources of the future Toppers of Pathfinder. The Programme is meticulously designed to build the foundation of the students and prepare them for ultimate success in Board Examinations. Our expertise lies in transforming average students to excellent performers and good students to Toppers.
Pathfinder’s pragmatic approach is an ideal model to strengthen the fundamentals and basic concepts of a student in Class VII, VIII, IX and X. It includes concept-based and result-oriented teaching, audio visual classes, group discussions, critical question solving, micro level analysis to create interest and instilling global competence in our budding achievers.
A committed team of over 100 specialist faculty with extensive experience in ICSE Board are continuously carrying out effective research, analyzing question pattern and scientifically preparing the students to become Board Toppers. Little wonder, for the last two decades, EVERY YEAR, around 25 to 30 Pathfinder Students have been constantly present among the top 10 AIR Rankers while thousands of students have been securing more than 90% marks.
ICSE Classroom Programme
(For Students of Class VII, VIII, IX and X)
- Lecture Plan: The Academic Board of Pathfinder, systematically analyses the syllabus of various Schools and Board and develops a Lecture Plan for an academic year with the schedule of Unit Tests and Mock Tests.
- Specialist Faculty: Specialized subject-wise Faculty guide and nurture the students so that they avail the in-depth knowledge and essence of a particular subject — this, in turn creates their interest in a subject. If a student is not able to follow a particular topic in a class, the relevant teacher explains the topic on a one-on-one basis with the student.
- Home Assignment: To enhance the problem-solving ability and intelligence level of the student, Home Assignments are provided to every student after completion of each chapter. These, in turn, corrected by the faculty members with their expert comments.
- Tests – Unit Tests and Mock Tests: Regular Tests are conducted to monitor the knowledge acquired by the students throughout the year. Tests, like Unit Tests and Mock Tests are offered to all classroom students. Model answers are provided after the tests — this act as a guide to the students for the right answering methods to score the highest marks in the Board Examination.
- Performance Analysis: Performance Assessment and Appraisal are conducted regularly through evaluation of Home Assignments and various Tests. This helps the teachers to take necessary corrective action through remedial classes and special support to individual student.
- Remedial Classes: Additional classes are provided to need-based students for further clarification of their doubts. In addition, since different Schools follow different schedule of the syllabus, these remedial classes act as a help to the students.
- Power-Point-Presentation: Our Specialist Faculty team conduct classes on important topics of specific subjects through Power Point Presentation that helps the students get a clear conceptual knowledge of the chapters.
- Virtual Classes: The students are provided with Virtual Doubt Discussion Classes on Science subjects after the Tests. In these Classes the Paper setters will discuss and explain the entire question paper of all Science subjects. This enables the students to clear their doubts. This also guides them to rectify their mistakes and technically answer the questions as per Board norms.
The two vital guides of students are their parents and their teacher. They are the best judge of the student’s advancement, his/her shortcomings and his/her academic requirement as well as his/her liking or disliking for the various subject. It is therefore essential that the parents and teachers meet from time to time and share their opinion and views. At Pathfinder, the Parent-Teacher meet is conducted on a regular basis to ensure that the students get the best support — at home and in Pathfinder.
An extensive assignment based revision classroom programme is conducted on selected subjects and on selected topics before Board Examination. This helps the students to avoid common mistakes and develop Answering Technique, Writing Skill and Time Management.
- Special emphasis on Mathematics and Physics Numerical.
- Counselling at every step by experienced Counsellors.
- Classes and Exams. are held usually in the Evening.
- Adjustable Test Timings for overlapping School Examination.
- Study Plan for individual students.
EXAMINATION SCHEDULE (2018-’19)
For CLASS – VII & VIII
|Mid Term Exam||8th August’18 – 18th August’18|
|Annual Exam||2nd December’18 – 9th December’18|
For CLASS – IX
|Unit Test||27th May’18 – 1st June’18|
|Mid Term Exam||5th August’18 – 19th August’18|
|Annual Exam||1st December’18 – 12th December’18|
For CLASS – X
|Unit Test I||27th May’18 – 3rd June’18|
|Unit Test II||9th August’18 – 19th August’18|
|Pre Mock Test||3rd October’18 – 22nd October’18|
|Mock Test I||8th December’18 – 19th December’18 (Out Stations)
20th December’18 – 30th December’18 (City Centres)
|Mock Test II||20th January’19 – 30th January’19|
*Tentative CAPSULE CLASSROOM PROGRAMME Schedule (for class – X) 2nd February’19 – 15th February’19